Friday the 13th Movie series produced by Sean S. Cunningham, has become the pillar in the horror genre. It includes the twelve main movies all are famous for their blend of scares and dark horror stories.
How to watch Friday the 13th movies in order
Are you looking for ways to watch Friday the 13th movies in order? This blog is for you. You can find simple steps to watch the Friday 13th movies in order in this blog. So, give it a read to know how to watch all the movies in their right sequence.
Here is the list of Friday the 13th movies in order:
Friday the 13th (1980)
- Director: Sean S. Cunningham
- Writer: Victor Miller
- Cast: Betsy Palmer as Mrs Voorhees, Adrienne King as Alice Hard, Kevin Bacon as Jack Burrell
- IMDb Rating: 6.5/10
Deep in the quiet woods of Crystal Lake, some young camp leaders come together to bring an old camp back to life. However, they quickly realize it’s the unlucky date, Friday the 13th. Rumours of a masked man named Jason linger, causing unease. As darkness takes over, they begin to understand the real danger. To greet the next day, they must evade this haunting threat.
Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
- Director: Steve Miner
- Writer: Ron Kurz
- Cast: Amy Steel as Ginny Field, John Furey as Paul Holt, Adrienne King as Alice Hardy
- IMDB Rating: 6.1/10
At Crystal Lake, the horror isn’t over. Five years after the first terrifying events, a new group arrives, unaware of Jason’s vengeful past. But as darkness descends, they soon face a familiar masked shadow. The curse of Friday the 13th continues, with Jason more relentless than ever.
Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
- Director: Steve Miner
- Writer: Martin Kitrosser (screenplay), Carol Watson (story)
- Cast: Dana Kimmell as Chris Higgins, Paul Kratka as Rick, Richard Brooker as Jason Voorhees
- IMDB Rating: 5.7/10
In Friday the 13th Part III, terror revisits Crystal Lake. This time, Jason, with his iconic hockey mask, targets a group of friends on a weekend getaway. As shadows lengthen, the group’s laughter turns to screams. They can be his next victims or fight this continuous murderer.
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
- Director: Joseph Zito
- Writer: Barney Cohen
- Cast: Kimberly Beck as Trish Jarvis, Corey Feldman as Tommy Jarvis, Crispin Glover as Jimmy
- IMDB Rating: 5.9/10
At Crystal Lake, the terror isn’t over. Even though Jason is believed to be gone, he returns in “Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter.” As a new group of unsuspecting visitors arrives, they’re soon thrust into a deadly game.
Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
- Director: Danny Steinmann
- Writer: Martin Kitrosser, David Cohen, and Danny Steinmann
- Cast: Melanie Kinnaman as Pam Roberts, John Shepherd as Tommy Jarvis, Shavar Ross as Reggie
- IMDB Rating: 4.8/10
Years after the horrors at Crystal Lake, a grown-up Tommy Jarvis still battles the trauma. Hoping for healing, he moves to a quiet halfway house. But when a new wave of deaths starts, everyone fears Jason might be back. Tommy must confront his past and face a possible new killer.
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
- Director: Tom McLoughlin
- Writer: Tom McLoughlin
- Cast: Thom Mathews as Tommy Jarvis, Jennifer Cooke as Megan Garris, David Kagen as Sheriff Michael Garris
- IMDb Rating: 6.0/10
In Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, an attempt to finish Jason Voorhees goes wrong, bringing him back stronger than ever. Now undead, Jason returns to Crystal Lake, seeking revenge. The once-silent campgrounds echo with screams as Jason hunts. Only a brave few stand a chance to stop his reign of terror.
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
- Director: John Carl Buechler
- Writer: Daryl Haney and Manuel Fidello
- Cast: Lar Park Lincoln as Tina Shepard, Kevin Blair as Nick, Kane Hodder as Jason Voorhees
- IMDB Rating: 5.3/10
In Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood, Crystal Lake witnesses a fresh twist. A young girl named Tina, with telekinetic powers, unknowingly releases Jason from his watery prison. Now, with Jason back and more dangerous, Tina must use her unique abilities to protect everyone.
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
- Director: Rob Hedden
- Writer: Rob Hedden
- Cast: Kane Hodder as Jason Voorhees, Jensen Daggett as Rennie Wickham, Scott Reeves as Sean Robertson
- IMDb Rating: 4.6/10
In Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason Vorhees escapes his chains and moves to the city, New York’s bright lights are no match for his dark presence. As he stalks the streets, city-goers face his wrath. The Big Apple becomes a playground of terror for this infamous menace.
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993)
- Director: Adam Marcus
- Writer: Jay Huguely (screenplay)
- Cast: John D. LeMay as Steven Freeman, Kari Keegan as Jessica Kimble, Kane Hodder as Jason Voorhees
- IMDb Rating: 4.3/10
In Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason leaves his familiar Crystal Lake and heads to New York City. Aboard a ship with unsuspecting students, his reign of terror continues. Once in the Big Apple, the city’s lights and sounds don’t deter him. The masked menace proves that no place is safe from his chilling presence.
Jason X (2001)
- Director: James Isaac
- Writer: Todd Farmer
- Cast: Kane Hodder as Jason Voorhees, Lexa Doig as Rowan LaFontaine, Lisa Ryder as Kay-Em 14
- IMDB Rating: 4.4/10
In Jason X, the notorious killer Jason Voorhees is catapulted into the distant future. Awakened from a frozen state on a spaceship, he resumes his murderous spree. The crew must battle this relentless menace in space. A classic horror icon meets sci-fi in this unexpected twist.
Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
- Director: Ronny Yu
- Writer: Damian Shannon and Mark Swift
- Cast: Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger, Ken Kirzinger as Jason Voorhees, Monica Keena as Lori Campbell
- IMDb Rating: 5.7/10
Freddy vs. Jason is a 2003 horror film where two legendary monsters, Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees, clash in an epic showdown. These iconic villains from Elm Street and Camp Crystal Lake battle for dominance, leaving audiences at the edge of their seats. As the terror unfolds, it’s unclear who is more fearsome.
Friday the 13th (2009)
- Director: Marcus Nispel
- Writer: Damian Shannon and Mark Swift
- Cast: Jared Padalecki as Clay Miller, Danielle Panabaker as Jenna, Travis Van Winkle as Trent
- IMDb Rating: 5.5/10
Friday the 13th – 2009 is a chilling reboot of the classic horror series. In this version, a group of young people venture into Camp Crystal Lake, unaware of its dark history. Soon, they encounter Jason Voorhees, a masked killer with a deadly vendetta. Frights and suspense fill their night as they try to survive against the relentless terror.
Friday The 13th is an amazing Mystery horror movie series which is written by Victor Miller in 1979, the first part of this movie series was released in 1980.
In this blog, we have discussed all the necessary details that you need when you are watching Friday The 13th movies in order. So, Dive into a cult classic slasher horror movie series.
- How to watch Nightmare of Elm Street in 2023
- How to watch Evil Dead movies in order in 2023
- How to watch Exorcist movies in order
- How to watch Chucky movies in order in 2023
- 40 Best Superhero Movies on Netflix You Should Watch in 2023| List Updated in September
- 25 Best Stoner Movies On Netflix Right Now You Should Check Out in 2023