If you’re over Netflix and are deciding to leave it for good, you must know how to cancel your Netflix subscription. Oh, and it’s okay if you don’t know how to do it yet; we believe there’s always a first time!
Lucky for you, you can learn the entire process in this guide so you can finish canceling your Netflix subscription on your Android device in no time without making mistakes. It is true that most times, Netflix users delete their accounts to get out of the hassle of getting billed.
However, little do they know they would still have to pay for it without even using the service! So, without further ado, let’s dive into the crux of this discussion to save you from the evils of ignorance.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Subscription on an Android
If you’re searching for “how to cancel a Netflix subscription,” it is guaranteed that you’re way past the upgrade or downgrade stage. So, here’s how you can deactivate your Netflix subscription on your Android device.
Netflix Cancellation Via the Netflix Website
You can cancel your Netflix account with the help of the Netflix website itself, here’s just how.
1. Navigate to the Netflix app
2. Tap on the profile icon on the right side of your screen.
3. Go to “Account”.
4. Scroll down and hit the “Cancel Membership” button.
5. Tap on “Finish Cancellation”.
Congratulations, you have to pay a penny no more for something you don’t want to keep in the first place.
Netflix Cancellation Via Google Play
Another way you can cancel your Netflix subscription is via Google Play.
1. Go to the Google Play app
2. Tap on your profile picture on the upper right side of your screen.
3. Choose “Payments & Subscriptions” and then “Subscriptions”.
4. Select Netflix and tap on the “Cancel Subscription” option.
Top Reasons to Reconsider Netflix Membership
- Available on all mainstream devices.
- Plans that fit all budgets and families.
- Ad-Free service on all subscriptions.
- New Movies/TV Shows every month.
- Netflix Original Content (available worldwide).
- Unblock new content libraries with a Netflix VPN.
Best Netflix Alternatives
- Disney Plus
- Peacock TV
- Prime Video
How to Cancel Netflix on Android: FAQs
When it comes to understanding how to cancel Netflix on Android, you may come across a few concerns. Below we answers some of the most frequently asked questions:
How do I turn off automatic payments on Netflix Android?
- Tap the gear icon and choose Settings.
- Choose “Manage” beside Subscriptions.
- Select the “Edit” option next to Netflix.
- Click “Off” to the right of Automatic Renewal
Can I cancel my Netflix over the phone?
Here are the steps you need to do to terminate your Netflix membership using the Android or iOS app: Tap your “Profile icon“ > Tap “Account” > Scroll down > Tap “Cancel Membership“.
How do I stop Netflix from charging my card?
- Go to netflix.com/cancelplan.
- Select “Finish Cancellation”.
- Your account will close at the end of your current billing cycle
Let us know if you need further assistance, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Remember, Streamints never leaves its readers alone.